Dear Masters rowers!
After a busy, sleepless night, we had to make a very sad decision: The 2020 Euro Masters Regatta will unfortunately not take place.
In June, we have been highly motivated not to let the Corona pandemic get the better of us and decided to offer Masters an opportunity to start in a high-quality regatta. By October, we hoped that the situation would be defused. But recently, regions and countries have again or for the first time been declared corona risk areas, from which we had firmly counted on participants.
After the registration deadline yesterday, it showed that there was particular interest in the regatta from within Germany. But apparently the corona risks and restrictions prevented the European neighbours from participating. Although entries were received from there as well, they were only sporadic and did not sum up to meet the aspiration of the Euro Masters Regatta as an international event.
In the past twelve hours, we have been calculating back and forth whether and how we could have filled a regatta program with the entries. As there were many single entries in crew events, many races would have had to been scratched. This in turn would have affected the time between races and would have prevented crews from double starts. Ensuing cancellations would have shrunk the field further. In short, this would not have been the kind of Euro Masters Regatta that we all hoped for.
Of course, in this special situation, we will fully refund the registration fees already paid. Please give us a few days to process these financial transactions.
We hope you will share this difficult decision with us. We would have loved to welcome you back to Munich! Make sure to note the date of the next Euro Masters Regatta: In 2021, the regatta takes place in beautiful Bled in Slovenia from June 17 – 20.
Until then, all the best, stay healthy and tuned with us!
The entire team of Regatta München e.V.
The MAX registration portal for the 2020 Euro Masters Regatta has been open since Monday. Quite a few masters have already taken the chance to enter their boats for their preferred races. Due to the corona protection measures, some additional steps are necessary when making your entries this year. Hence, we have put together a few tips to guide you through the procedure.
Preparing your entries
- Please start with reading our safety and hygiene instructions. It is a detailed document outlining under which conditions you are allowed to travel to Munich according to currently valid corona protection measures.
- Please also check out the reviewed regatta information, including cancellation policies for entries.
- A barcode is required to enter the regatta venue. The barcode will help manage the identity of participants and the number of people present at the venue. You will receive this barcode after filling out a health questionnaire and sending it back at least three days before the regatta starts. In order to send you this questionnaire, an individual e-mail address must be available for each participant. That means: When you register your crew, you have to have e-mail addresses for each crew member at hand and, if applicable, your coaches or drivers. Enter them into the system (click on the menu item COVID-19). Please note: Without the completed health questionnaire and the barcode issued by Regatta München, there is no access to the regatta venue.
As before, making entries is an easy procedure using the MAX portal:
- Search the system for rowers of your crew or create new data sets if a crew member is not in the system (this applies especially to rowers outside of Germany)
- Click on the overview button to see the entry input screen.
- By clicking on ‘Enter boats‘, you get to a screen to select events – either enter the race number or the event name
- Enter crew members – either by searching for your club and selecting athletes from there or by entering the rowers‘ names directly
- Save your boats
- Repeat for further entries
- Reserve rental boats from Filippi when making your entries for a particular event
- Book further services by clicking on ‚Select additional services‘ and selecting parking tickets, for example
- Finalise your entries by selecting a payment method and close the transaction
Follow us on Facebook or join the Euro Masters Regatta Group on Facebook to receive alerts on latest news.